Easter is such a fun time of year: families come together to celebrate while all around, flowers are blooming, birds chirp, and life in the spring starts anew. To get in the spring/Easter spirit, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite recipes which are sure to be a hit with your loved ones and friends. Check out our list of favorite Easter recipes below:
- Lucky Charm Bars
- Easter Egg Pretzel Chocolate Bark
- Confetti Sprinkles Sugar Cookie Bars
Lucky Charm Bars
By a Pumpkin and a Princess
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 12 ounces white chocolate
- In a large pot melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Use a buttered spatula to stir in Lucky Charms cereal until fully coated.
- Press cereal mixture into a greased 13×9 inch pan. Cool.
- Cut into squares and remove from pan.
- Over a double boiler melt white chocolate; remove from heat.
- Dip bottom of cereal treat into the melted chocolate; place on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Allow chocolate to cool and enjoy!
Easter Egg Pretzel Chocolate Swirl Bark
Recipe by Five Heart Home
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking bars (such as Baker’s)
- 1 cup mini chocolate eggs with hard sugar shells (such as Cadbury)
- 1/2 cup salted pretzel sticks
- Pastel/springtime/Easter sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour semi-sweet chocolate chips in one microwave-safe bowl. Chop white chocolate baking bar into small pieces and place in another microwave-safe bowl. Microwave semi-sweet chocolate chips for 1 minute; stir chocolate well. Microwave for another 30 seconds; stir until chocolate is smooth. (If necessary, microwave in additional 15-second increments, stirring between each one, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.)
- Melt white chocolate by repeating the above process, but microwave for only 15 seconds after the initial 1 minute since white chocolate melts more quickly than regular chocolate.
- Spread about 3/4 of the melted semi-sweet chocolate in a thin layer onto prepared baking sheet, forming a rough rectangle that measures about 9- by 12-inches. Dollop the melted white chocolate on top. Spoon the remaining semi-sweet chocolate onto the centers of the white chocolate dollops. Use a toothpick to swirl the semi-sweet and white chocolates together.
- Immediately arrange pretzel sticks onto the swirled chocolate. Fill in the spaces between the pretzels with the chocolate eggs. Sprinkle the entire surface with sprinkles, pressing them lightly into the chocolate, if necessary.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 45 minutes. Slide wax/parchment paper onto a cutting board and cut bark into pieces. Serve immediately or store in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator.
Confetti Sprinkles Sugar Cookie Bars
Recipe by Two Sisters Crafting
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add dry ingredients, mix well.
- Spread on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake!
- Frost with Buttercream Frosting.
Enjoy the spring time in one of our beautiful hill country homes.