Surrounded by her loving family, Happy and the gang were out skipping with glee in the sunshine-filled Texas weather. It’s going to be a blissful Valentine’s Day on the Ranch!
Did you know Valentine’s Day is Happy the cow’s favorite holiday? When we visited her yesterday, she couldn’t WAIT to share with us her favorite Valentine’s Day treat: Triple Chocolate Raspberry MOOOOs!
We have to agree on Happy’s dessert recommendation. Nothing says I love you better than something sweet made (with love) by you!
Happy Valentine’s Day from Happy & the Santa Rita Ranch Team!
Triple Chocolate Raspberry MOOOOs
Recipe by Lemon Tree Dwelling
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- 2 Tbsp. boiling water
- ½ c. sugar
- ¼ c. cocoa powder
- 1 c. heavy cream, cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla (substitute almond)
- ⅓ cocoa powder
- 1 c. sugar
- ¾ c. evaporated milk
- ¼ c. butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla (substitute almond)
- 2 Tbsp. meltable chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; stir and let stand 1 min. to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Combine sugar and cocoa powder in small mixing bowl; add heavy cream and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until stiff peaks form; pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well-blended.
- Spoon into serving dishes; chill 1 hour.
- Combine cocoa powder and sugar in small saucepan; blend in evaporated milk.
- Add butter.
- Cook and stir constantly until mixture just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spoon over chilled mousse; top with fresh raspberries, whipped cream, chocolate pieces, and sliced almonds (optional).
Lastly – Enjoy with all of the people you love: friends, family and neighbors.