It’s pie time, Santa Rita style!
Recipe Inspiration by: How Sweet Eats
CELEBRATE Santa Rita Days with this delicious strawberry rose tart recipe inspired by the Santa Rita Rose! The freshness of the strawberries and rich flavor from the mascarpone will have your family asking for seconds.
How to make your edible rose!
Recipe Inspiration by: Ash & Crafts
Get the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs (such as graham crackers, biscoff cookies, oreo cookies)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 pints of strawberries, cut into roses if you’re feeling fancy
Extras if you wish, but only if you have these things on hand:
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- honey for drizzling
- fresh mint for garnish
- To make the crust, stir together the cookie crumbs and melted butter until combined and all the crumbs are moistened. Press the crust into a 4 x 14 inch tart pan, pressing it up along the sides until packed. This will also work in an 8-inch round tart pan.
- Stir together the mascarpone and sugar until creamy and combined. If you have lemon juice or vanilla extract on hand, add a splash. Spread the mascarpone on the graham crust evenly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- While the tart is in the fridge, cut the strawberries. Right before serving, place the strawberries on the mascarpone tart. If desired, you can drizzle the strawberries with honey or add a few fresh mint leaves for garnish. You can serve immediately, or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Want to see more pie recipes? Check out our Green Tea Pie Recipe that is sure to be a winner in your kitchen. Bon appetit!