Get Inspired: Have S’more!
The fresh summer air has us craving s’mores on those campfire nights but we don’t always need a fire to enjoy this summer classic. It’s the perfect dessert for your next summer BBQ or just to make when you’re longing for a special treat. No matter the occasion, we know this recipe from Everyday Good Thinking will satisfy your sweet tooth!
8 graham crackers, each broken into 4 pieces
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar, divided
1 cup heavy cream
1 package (12 oz.) mini chocolate chips, divided
1 package (8 oz.) marshmallows, cut in half lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using a food processor with a S-blade and processor running, run gram cracker pieces through the food chute and process to create fine crumb pieces.
3. Add melted butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar through the chute until mixed.
4. Spray a 9 inch pan and evenly press mixture into the pan.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Place a on cooling rack and let it completely cool.
6. Add heavy cream, 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in a medium sauce pan over low heat.
7. Stir until the chocolate is melted to create a smooth mixture. Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
8. Beat chocolate mixture on medium speed until mixture is thickened. Spoon thick mixture into prepared crust.
9. Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled.
10. Heat broiler on LOW.
11. Arrange marshmallows over the top of the pie and broil until marshmallows are golden brown and puffed.
12. Melt remaining 1/2 cup of mini cholate chips in microwave or a double broiler and drizzle over pie.