Happy Thanksgiving from the Santa Rita Ranch family to yours. We hope you enjoy this holiday surrounded by friends and family. Below please find our Thanksgiving holiday hours at our Ranch House and Farm House Welcome Centers.
Wednesday, November 25th: 10:00am-6:00pm
Thanksgiving, November 26th: CLOSED
Friday, November 27th: 10:00am-6:00pm
Please give us a call at 512.655.9549 if you have any questions or concerns.
Looking for a last minute Thanksgiving recipe? We had to share our new favorite take on Thanksgiving stuffing that just seems to easy, and DELICIOUS! Stuffing in a bundt pan — now why didn’t we think of this before?! Thanks to Kim’s Healthy Eats for this tasty one.
- 1 loaf of day old french bread, cubed (or can buy a bag of stuffing bread cubes in the bakery of your grocery store)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 stalks of celery, finely diced
- 10 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- Cooking spray
- If you bread is fresh, preheat the oven to 250 degrees and bake the bread cubes on 2 baking sheets for about 30 minutes. Stirring half way until the bread is firm.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat and remove from pan. Reserve bacon grease, add onion and celery saute for 3 minutes. Add sage, parsley, salt and pepper to the skillet and mix. Remove from heat.
- Chop or break up piece of bacon and add to skillet.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken broth and eggs.
- In a large bowl add bread, sauteed vegetables, chicken broth and egg mixture and gently mix until combined. Add more chicken broth if it seems to dry.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray. Fill the bundt pan with stuffing and press down to pack it into the pan. Bake uncovered for 30- 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 25 minutes in the pan. Use a long narrow spatula to loosen the edges. Then flip onto serving platter.