Recipe Inspired by: Life, Love & Sugar
Sweet to the last slice! Take a bite out of life and indulge in this delicious lemon ice box pie just in time for Father’s Day. This pie is perfect for summer — cool, refreshing and a crowd pleaser!
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 14 graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice (6-8 lemons)
- 2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- Grease pie pan.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan to make the crust.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, beat the lemon zest and egg yolks on high until pale.
- Add sweetened condensed milk mixture to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour filling into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for about 25 minutes. The edges should be set and the center should move just slightly when the pie is moved.
- Cool for an hour, then refrigerate or freeze for at least 6 hours, depending on preference. The pie should keep for about a week.