Spring has sprung at Santa Rita Ranch. The days are finally longer, the nights get brighter, and the colors get more radiant!
The team at Santa Rita Ranch will be working our usual hours today, Friday April 3rd and tomorrow, Saturday April 4th. In observance of Easter, Santa Rita Ranch will be closed this Sunday. We will be back to our normal hours Monday morning at 10 a.m.
We would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter. Enjoy time with your loved ones and make this easy and delicious treat this weekend to make your time even sweeter!
Easter Egg Cookie Dough Truffles
Recipe By Wine and Glue
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- pink, blue, purple, and white candy melts
- In the bowl of a large stand mixer, cream the butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- With the mixer still running, slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk. You may need to stop the mixer periodically to scrape down the sides.
- Once it is fully combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into one inch balls, and then shape into eggs. Place on a wax paper lined pan and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Melt the candy melts according to the directions on the bag. Keeping the truffles in the refrigerator, and removing only three or four at a time, dip them in the candy melts one at a time with a fork. Gently tap off any excess chocolate and let dry on wax paper.