Get Inspired! Ranch Code No. 10
Have you heard about the amazing benefits of Matcha green tea? Our March pie features an incredibly healthy type of green tea called Matcha. Matcha is full of antioxidants, known for detoxifying the body and torching belly fat. You can use this versatile ingredient in drink recipes and tasty treats. We are sharing a recipe from The New York Times that incorporates green matcha in a delicious pie!
- ⅔ cup/133 grams granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder, preferably culinary grade
- ½ cup/113 grams/1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups/470 milliliters heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 par-baked 10-inch pie shell
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together sugar, flour, salt and matcha powder.
- Stir in butter, then beat in 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk, one at a time. Beat a couple of minutes more, stir in the cream and vanilla and strain into the pie shell.
- Bake about 50 minutes, rotating it 180 degrees after about 35 minutes, until set around the edges but still wobbly in the center.
- Allow time for cooling.
From our kitchen to yours, we hope your National Pi day is one sweet treat!