The holiday season is in full swing and candy canes are a festive treat to enjoy, but when you bake them into this decadent Christmas Candy Cane Pie, you can almost taste the Christmas M-A-G-I-C in every bite!
- 25 chocolate Oreo cookies
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (7.5-oz.) container marshmallow creme
- 1 tbsp. peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 3/4 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. confectioners’ sugar
- Candy: crushed starlight mints
- Make the crust: Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form, 10 to 15 times. Add salt and butter, and pulse to combine, 8 to 10 times. Press crumb mixture into a 9″ pie plate.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Add marshmallow creme and peppermint extract, and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, beat cream and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until very stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently fold cream mixture into cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in food coloring. (For swirls, add a few extra drops of food coloring before spooning filling into piecrust; do not mix in—just stir once and then spoon out of the bowl.) Spoon filling into prepared crust. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Make topping: Whip cream and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes; spoon over pie.
- Garnish with crushed mints.
Hope you continue to have #HolidayFunAlongTheWay!