It’s time for some sweet cherry pie on Santa Rita’s pie series! As we all know, pies are not only delicious, mouth–watering summer time treats, they are also a reflection of our southern charm and hospitality. Cherry pie is an American classic, and is always sweet as summer! A cherry pie is also great for bringing to an outdoor get together or welcoming a neighbor to the neighborhood! If you are new to the pie making world, no worries, we will be having mini cherry pies at our Food Truck Fundays event this Saturday and Sunday.
- Pillsbury Pie Crust, 2 count, 14.1 oz
- 2 cans of Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry fruit filling, 21 oz
- 1 egg
- ¼ stick of butter – melted
- 1 (10 inch) aluminum pie pan
- 2 tsp of sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease your 10-12 inch pie pan. If you do not have grease you can gently spay with non-stick spray.
- Once the pie crust had been placed down, pour the butter on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Fill in with cherries.
- If you like it sweet, then add a few sprinkles of sugar and mix it in.
- Use the egg for an egg wash on the pie crust.
AND YOU’RE ALMOST DONE! See easy as pie! The final step you can use the extra pie shell as the design for your pie. If you have a cookie cutter you can cut out star shapes and make a flag, or you can do a lattice design as well. Have fun and get creative! Tip: Place the extra pie crust down on parchment paper so you can egg wash the crust separately.
Speaking of Southern charm and hospitality, if you’re not already a resident of Santa Rita Ranch, come visit one of our Welcome Centers and learn all about the Ranch Code lifestyle! Our Hill Country heritage, abundant activities, and beautiful new homes make Santa Rita Ranch the perfect place to call home.