Thai Pumpkin Soup – Made in the Vitamix
- ½ onion, peeled, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon tomato paste
- 1¼ cup (300 g) pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1½ cup (360 ml) chicken broth
- ½ cup (120 ml) cream of coconut
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoon green chili peppers
- 1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft. Add tomato paste, pumpkin, ginger, garlic, broth, cream of coconut and coconut milk. Combine until thoroughly heated through.
- Place mixture, chilies, and lemon juice into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2½ minutes or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.